The course gives students an idea of the different views on culture, on current changes of cultural and creative industries in modern society. The course examines both theoretical basis for the development of creative industries and an extensive amount of case studies that allows students to trace the origin, evolution and prospects of creative industries at global, regional, national and local levels. Course topics include issues related to the process of cultural production, cultural policy, provides students with opportunities to explore and analyze the interaction of culture, business and politics.
The matrix of competencies for minor
Main courses of minor:
- Creative and cultural industries (in English)
- Consumer behavior in cultural tourism (in English)
- Event Management (in English)
- Digital cultural tourism (in English)
Labor input: 20 credits
Limitations for the choice of educational programs: none
Prerequisites: motivation letter in English*
Status: entry since March 14, 2018
Minimum number of listeners: 60
Maximum number of listeners: 100
Years of implementation: 2018 - 2020
Target Audience: 2017 students set
Planned location: st. Kantemirovskaya, 3A
* Requirements for Cover Letter:
1. Written in English.
2. Number of pages - 1-2.
3. CV and Self-Presentation (skills, experience, projects, interests, volunteer work, academic achievements, participation in clubs or activities, and internships).
4. Course Description and Expectations.
The evaluation criteria:
4 points for correct English;
3 points for CV and self-presentation;
3 points for motivation.