For Authors of MAGOLEGO Courses
MAGOLEGO is a name for the general set of elective subjects that must be chosen by first-year Master’s students in the second semester.
MAGOLEGO courses can be part of an instructor's workload.
Applications to teach MAGOLEGO courses are accepted February 1-15.
Any school or department can apply to teach such courses.
How to register your course in MAGOLEGO pool:
1. By February 15 the course instructor should:
First, add the information about the suggested course in ASAV (HSE database of courses and schedules) with the note MAGOLEGO.
The following information is required for MAGOLEGO courses:
- course credits (3 credits or 114 academic hours);
- number of lectures and seminars (if applicable), type of interim and final knowledge assessment (exam);
- module when the course is taught (module 3/ module 4/ or modules 3-4);
- a detailed course description as a PDF OR a course syllabus, also as a PDF
Second, send the application (in Russian) to Svetlana Znak before February 15.
MAGOLEGO Application form (DOC, 36 Kb)
2. Applications will be processed by March 1. The details of the courses are clarified with the instructors if necessary.
3. Selection committee will review the applications and make a list of courses recommended for MAGOLEGO by April 1.
4. First-year Master’s students will choose MAGOLEGO subjects in September. A course will be taught provided at least 30 students register for it.