Registration to Teach HSE Open Optional Courses
How to apply to register a course as an HSE Open Optional Course:
1. Before February 15, a HSE lecturer/research fellow or department should:
- add the information about the suggested open optional course in ASAV (HSE database of courses and schedules)*
- attach a detailed description or a programme as a PDF to the course page*.
*Pease see the instructions (in Russian) or ask your faculty coordinator for assistance.
2. Applicants should also send an application to Svetlana Znak . The application should be submitted by the school/department head.
The following information should be indicated in the application form:
- name and contact information (email and phone) of the staff member responsible for the course;
- the maximum number of HSE students and external participants;
- the willingness of the lecturer to use online broadcast if the number of participants exceeds 200 people;
- сalculation of the instructor's overall teaching load for the course.
3. The applications are bing processed till February 20.
4. The list of the open optional courses funded from HSE's central budget in the coming school year is being determined in the middle of March. The applicants are informed about the committee's decision. The list of the open optional courses is available on this website.
HSE Open Optional Courses 2019-2020
*Teaching hours for intra-university elective courses will be financed from the central budget and counted towards the overall teaching load of instructors and researchers.
Note: intra-university elective teaching load should not exceed 30% of the total workload for the upcoming academic year.