Registration to Teach HSE Open Optional Courses
Applications to teach open optional courses in 2016/2017 academic year will be accepted February 1-15, 2016
How to apply to register a course as an HSE Open Optional Course:
1. Before February 15, 2016, an HSE lecturer/research fellow or department should:
- add the information about the suggested course in ASAV (HSE database of courses and schedules)
- attach a detailed description or a programme as a PDF to the course page.
If you have never worked in ASAV, please see the instructions (in Russian) or ask your faculty coordinator for assistance.
2. Applicants should also send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 15. The application should be submitted by the school/department head.
Optional Course Application (DOC, 38 Kb)
The following information should be indicated in the form:
- name and contact information (email and phone) of the staff member responsible for the course;
- the maximum number of HSE students and external participants;
- the willingness of the lecturer to use online broadcast if the number of participants exceeds 200 people;
- calculation of the instructor's overall teaching load for the course.
3. The applications will be processed by February 20.
4. The list of the open optional courses funded from HSE's central budget in 2016/2017 will be determined by March 10. The applicants will be informed about the committee's decision later. The list of the open optional courses will be made available on this website.
*Teaching hours for intra-university elective courses will be financed from the central budget and counted towards the overall teaching load of instructors and researchers.
Note: intra-university elective teaching load should not exceed 30% of the total workload for the upcoming academic year.